Which forms should I use?
I need to create a new protocol or submit a 3-year review.
You should submit all new protocols and three-year reviews in the eIACUC. See the "Resources" tab below for instructions.
I need to make a modification to or submit an annual renewal for an eIACUC protocol.
If your most recent three-year renewal was created in the eIACUC, you should submit all amendments (including grant and personnel additions) and annual renewals (for USDA-covered and DOD-funded studies only) in the eIACUC as well. See the "Resources" tab below for more instructions.
My lab receives federal funds for animal work taking place at another institution.
Use the Ceded Review Request Form whenever your federally-funded grants awarded to HMS/HSPH/HSDM are associated with IACUC protocols from other institutions.
Use the Custom Antibodies Request Form when contracting custom antibody production. Antibodies are considered customized if produced using antigen(s) provided by or at the request of the investigator (i.e. not purchased off-the-shelf).
Log into eIACUC here using your HarvardKey account.
If you are new to Harvard, it may take a few days for your account to feed into the eIACUC system. If you are still unable to log in 3 business days after receiving your Harvard University ID (HUID), contact eSupport. If you do not have a HUID, you may obtain one by completing an application:
Send all HUID applications to eSupport.
- Overview of E-IACUC
- Submitting a New Protocol
- Submitting a Three-Year Renewal
- Submitting an Amendment
Training Requirements for Working with Animals
- IACUC Onboarding Checklist
- Harvard Training Portal Guide for Animal Users (Accessing & completing trainings)
- Harvard Training Portal Guide for Managers (Managing your lab roster, assigning and monitoring trainings)
Still have questions?
Contact eSupport to schedule a one-on-one training session.
Forms on this page should be submitted to IACUC@hms.harvard.edu regardless of whether your protocol is on paper or in the eIACUC system.
Animal Care & Use
- Adverse Event Report Form: Use this form to notify the IACUC of an unforeseen event that negatively impacts the welfare of research animals.
Protocol Management, Funding, and Inter-Institutional Collaboration
- Personnel Addition Form: Use this form to add new personnel to an eIACUC protocol (ONLY if you have an amendment currently in progress).
- Grant Addition Form: Use this form to add new grants to an eIACUC protocol (ONLY if you have an amendment currently in progress).
- Protocol Transfer Letter Template: Use this template when transferring an existing protocol to another PI.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): A MOU must be established for collaboration between HMS and any institution not covered by the Master MOU.
- Ceded Review Request Form: Use for labs receiving federal funds for animal work taking place at another institution.
- Custom Antibodies Request Form
- Custom Antibodies Assurance Agreement
For Lab Managers
- Personnel Training Tracker: Use this spreadsheet to keep track of required training for your laboratory staff.